On Wednesday, 8th grade students ventured out into Delhi to explore their Population Project topics. Students had the opportunity to see with their own eyes:
- The issues they are researching
- Contributing factors
- The people who are living these issues
- The experts working to find solutions
Field Trip 1: Yamuna River Walk
- Visit 4 locations along the Yamuna in Delhi
- See the ways that the citizens, the city, and industry impact this river
Field trip 2 :Education and Camp Communities
- Visit to a School in Tigiri run by the HOPE Foundation
- Learn about daily life and issues facing children and families in India
- Meet and talk with students
- See how opportunity and challenges are faced by the school and the students
- Visit students in their homes and have a chance to interview them
Trip 5: Gender Issues
- creates safe spaces across India where women in need can come to live and work.
- At W+S women are taught to use the skills they have or develop new ones.
- Apparel and accessories produced by the women are then sold to overseas markets.
- Community empowerment programs in slums
- Slum development programs
- Family planning education
- Maternal and infant health
Reflection: At the end of the day, students reflected on their experiences, including their learning from the trip.